5 Advantages to Vacationing for the Holidays
We all love the holidays. Whether we like to admit it or not, we do. Once we get into our groove, the family get-togethers, the food, and the traditions bring joy to our hearts.
But what if we decided to mix it up, take a break from the norm, and travel for the Holidays? There are actually a lot of advantages to doing this and we think everyone should do it at least once just to see what it’s like. We must warn you though, it can be so enjoyable, and such a refreshing experience you may want to do it every few years, or even every year!
So what are the advantages of vacationing for the Holidays? Below are just a few of our favorite ones.
1. No cooking and cleaning! Do we have your attention now? When you travel for the Holidays there is no need to clean house in preparation for company, no cooking, and then cleaning again after the party’s over. All you have to do is arrive at your destination, make your dinner plans, sit back, and enjoy.
2. Choose your weather. Whether you live in the south and want to head north to a ski resort, or live in the north and want to escape to the beach for the Holidays, what is most appealing to many is the change of scenery and a different climate. Which destination would you choose?
3. Meet your extended family… or not! If you would like to have an extended family get-together for your Holiday celebrations, pick a destination where everyone can meet in the middle! But conversely, if you live close to your extended family and are looking for some quiet time this season, then politely tell your family you are looking forward to recharging this year.
4. Create long-lasting memories. With all the repetitive traditions, sometimes when you look back it can be hard to separate which memories happened which year, or you cannot recall a Holiday party from a certain year at all! Now imagine if you spent this Holiday season at the beach. When you break from the norm you are more likely to create memories that will be talked about for years to come because they are so different than what you are used to.
5. Time to focus on family. At the end of the day, family is the most important thing in our lives. When you vacation for the Holidays, instead of cleaning, cooking, cleaning again, keeping strict schedules, running errands, etc, you are now free to focus on those around you. You don’t have to worry about all the hard work it takes to plan and host a huge party; just make your plans, show up, and enjoy the company of the ones you love the most.
Hopefully we’ve given you some good points to think about when considering whether or not to book your Holiday vacation. When you’re ready to start making your travel plans, we would love if you would consider visiting us in South Florida at Sun Tower Hotel & Suites. Come enjoy our beautiful private beach and maybe even some of our local Holiday festivities. Please contact our hotel directly for the best rates possible.
We look forward to seeing you on the beach this Holiday Season.